Getting ready for the real world

A couple days ago, I was looking for jobs on indeed.com, a website that you can look up jobs or careers. Anyways I was searching and I found some jobs that looked interesting. But the problems were that they were asking people to have a business degree in economics or five years experience in production. What if that guy or girl doesn't have that degree or qualification. These are examples by the way.  When I was searching I was just thinking to myself what if people are competent enough to do the tasks that are required of them but lack the qualifications and degrees? I'm not saying that people shouldn't have degrees or qualifications, I'm saying that a lot of jobs require degrees or qualifications that people simply don't have. I think we as people looking for jobs and employers both need to take risks. The risks that employers need to take is to take a shot on people, people might surprise you!! So what if these people don't have certain degrees or qualifications, if the person can get the task(s) done, why does it matter what qualifications and degrees they might or might not have? The risks that people and I have to take is if you don't have the qualifications or degrees for a certain job, take a leap of faith and get out of your comfort zone. You might get that job but if you don't, try, try and try again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Respecting & Includement

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life