Accomplish your goals

I had an IEP throughout my school years. I had an IEP for math and also because I took longer than other students on assignments. I could have extra time on my assignments and tests so that was really good. I had to take remedial classes because I was a slower learner than everybody else in my class. At first, I was kind of confused, I was wondering why I had to go to a smaller classroom away from my classmates. I didn't want to admit that I was a slower learner than my other classmates. I just wanted to be on the same level.  Now my cousin has an IEP and is thinking negatively about it. The advice that I can give him and to anybody who else is going through the same or similar situation is that even though you might have an IEP or enrolled in remedial classes, don't let your insecurities hinder your happiness. In other words, don't let obstacles or fears in your life deter you from achieving your goals or ambitions. We can be anybody who we want to be. Don't let naysayers bring you down because you are You and there is nobody in the world who can take that youness away from you. We are very special and unique. I was in remedial classes and I'm in college now, I am accomplishing my goals each and everyday. So if I can do it, You surely can do it. Just because something is hard, that doesn't mean we give up. It just means that we have to put extra work in and continue to be persistent in what we want in this world. People might say some cruel things to you but those naysayers are just naysayers, they won't defeat you unless you allow them to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Respecting & Includement

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life