Don't Take Things For Granted

When I was a kid, I took a lot of things for granted and I still do sometimes but I try not to. I used to take advantage of water, food, shelter and having loving and compassionate parents who want to see me succeed in life. I take long showers and drink water without any thought. I think about people around the world, especially the undeveloped countries that don't have sufficient drinking water or any clean water to clean themselves. I also waste food a lot and after the fact I always think about people within the United States and outside who go hungry everyday because they don't have enough money to buy food. There is a rapper that I listen to and his name is Mark Battles. He recently released a mixtape entitled Shelter Food. This mixtape is about how he and his family were in shelters throughout his childhood and how we take little things in life for granted. For example, wasting food. I always take my parents for granted. A lot of parents abuse their children verbally and they don't treat their children in the right way. Also, they don't want their children to be successful.  Everybody take things for granted but that doesn't make it right. I'm going to make a conscious effort to not take things for granted but we as people need to do this together.


http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/mark-battles-shelter-food-new-mixtape.115749.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life

Respecting & Includement

Life