My Journey: The beginning

Hey guys,
My name is Noldon Starks. I was born with Ocular Motor Apraxia which deals with my fine motor skills. For example, I couldn't pick up individual coins from a table. Another example is that I couldn't tie my shoes until I was three years old. When I was a pre teen, I was diagnosed with Joubert Syndrome. I still have Ocular Motor Apraxia but the symptoms of Joubert Syndrome is more common in me. Joubert Syndrome is a genetic disorder that affects my coordination, balance and speech. Joubert Syndrome is very similar to Ocular Motor Apraxia. There are a lot of different forms of Joubert Syndrome and I shake my head involuntarily. A lot of people in elementary school didn't really understand why I shook my head so they teased and bullied me. People would ask me why I shake my head but I was too embarrassed to tell them due to the insecurities that I had about myself. My goal of this blog is to empower and inspire individuals. The experiences that I went through and the experiences that I'm going through currently will hopefully help others to be themselves and not let others distract them from achieving their dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life

Respecting & Includement