Don't let your insecurities hinder your happiness

One day I started to stop feeling bad for myself. I went with my mom to her co worker's house for a fundraiser for her daughter. The daughter has cerebral palsy. She was talking and she was enjoying life. I was thinking to myself if she can enjoy life, I can too. She also is in a worse condition than me so how can I complain? From that moment on, I started looking at my life in a positive way rather than a negative way. I wrote two publications, one in my high school newspaper called the Shakerite and a local Cleveland magazine called Your Teen. I wrote them because I wanted people to understand a little bit more about me and how I'm living with Joubert Syndrome on a daily basis. The most important thing I want people to understand is that they shouldn't feel bad for me because I was in a good place when I wrote those publications back then. In the summer of 2012, I was in Young Audiences which is a  program that caters to high school students that want to pursue different art forms. I was in a film co op and for our last project we had to produce our own short narratives. My short narrative is entitled The Outcast and it's about me overcoming obstacles with the help from God, family and friends. The two main massages I want to convey to people are 1) don't let your insecurities hinder your happiness and 2) make a difference in someone's life, in your own life, your community or/and on the global spectrum. Everybody has the potential to become leaders, all we have to do is to unite as one for one common purpose and that purpose is social change. I want to inspire the younger generations to become great leaders, advocators for change and advocators against bullying. My film got selected to be in the Cleveland International Film Festival so that was truly a blessing. Become a greater individual each and everyday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life

Respecting & Includement

Life