Respecting & Includement

I saw a TV series called Speechless on ABC and this episode was very good, especially for people who have disabilities and even the people who don't have disabilities don't like a certain word. The word is retarded. I don't like this word because somebody in high school called me that. When people say that word I always cringe up or I say don't say that. My family had a discussion about this and I just say don't say it at all. Another event that happened during this episode was when all the kids went to prom. There was one girl who was taller than the other kids at their school and JJ who's in the wheelchair started dancing with her. JJ realized she wanted to feel included so he included her. In high school, I felt excluded ( maybe partly that was my fault) but the point is that he included her because she felt excluded. Make somebody feel included, not just today but everyday. Don't exclude somebody or a group of people just because they are different from you. Everybody is different in their own way. Respect and include each other because you wouldn't want other people to disrespect and exclude you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life