I Want To Make A Difference

I don't know what I'm going to do after my volunteer year in D.C but I do want to make a difference in the world.  In one of my earlier posts, I said a little or big difference is still a difference and I also said saying hi to people makes a difference in people's lives too. I was just thinking that the stuff that I just mentioned is great and We all should do it but I want to do a lot more. Maybe after the year is over I will travel around the world and then write a book about my adventures or just work for Habitat for Humanity. I want to be a role model for my nieces and my nephew. I just want to show them the way to be selfless instead of selfish. I was watching a movie a few nights ago. The movie is I, Daniel Blake. The message I got out of the movie is that we as people go through trials and tribulations each and everyday but that doesn't mean we shouldn't help each other out. I also was thinking that Daniel Blake  in the movie was being so selfless towards the woman and her children. We as people should act like Daniel Blake and help out individuals with an act of selflessness, not selfishness.  We should sacrifice our time and energy by helping people. I work in Downtown D.C. and sometimes I go to my bank in Chinatown. On my way to my bank I always see men and women who are homeless on the streets begging for money and food. Every time I see them begging I give them money or food, well at least I try!! If I don't have anything to give them I feel bad but what can I do? One day though  I went to Subway and I had a coupon for a buy one get one free sub. Luckily, I saw this man who needed food so I helped him out by giving him my extra sub. He was so happy. I didn't do the act to get a pat on the back, I was just doing it because it's my Godly duty and plus it feels so good to help out people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Respecting & Includement

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life