Educate The Ones That Don't Know

Last night, I watched The Accountant ( good movie by the way)  starring Anna Kendrick and Ben Affleck and the character played by Ben Affleck had Asperger Syndrome. The saying that struck a cord with me from the movie was when the father told both of his sons"different makes people scared". This is so true but what I've learned over the years is to educate the masses on what makes me different, Everybody is different in regardless of wearing different clothes and having different personalities but I'm talking about people who have disabilities. I was lacking self confidence when I was a kid so I was embarrassed to tell people why I shake my head. But as I began getting older, I became  more confident in myself because my parents allowed me to be in extracurricular activities so I could be myself and that opened up my social skills. Also, God helped and is still helping me til this day. Now since I learned about myself and my disability and made a movie, I'm comfortable telling people why I shake my head. Me being comfortable with myself while having a disability didn't come overnight, it took years for me to embrace my disability. Of course, being different scares people but I guess what We have to ask ourselves, when are we going to step up and not be afraid anymore and educate people on what makes you different? I was afraid to tell people because I didn't know what they would do, say or think of me but I had to step out of my little box and tell people because if I didn't I would be in the same position I was in a handful of years ago. I don't know everything about my disability but I can educate people on what I do know and I know that it took me along time to embrace my disability, make friends and go out and be social. But I stepped out of my little box and educated people and I'm still educating people. So Be Bold and step outside of your little boxes and educate people on what makes you different.   

Comments

  1. Its so impressive and nice lines in this blog. we provide a free trial commodity tips , FREE MCX TIPS TRIAL , ACCURATE COMMODITY TIPS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life

Respecting & Includement