Connecting with other people

After I graduated from Mercyhurst, I applied and got into the Capuchin Franciscan Volunteer Corp. The Cap Corp program is a Catholic social services program. We have jobs (ministries) that we have to interview for. We are at those ministries for one year. The program has two houses. The first house is in Ohio and the second state is in the District of Columbia. I'm here in DC and a few weeks into the program, my housemates and I went to a social. Other volunteers that are volunteering around the DC area were there. I met some cool people with different backgrounds and I really enjoyed my time listening to their stories. Connecting with other people helps people grow and mature as human beings. For me personally, connecting with other people makes me communicate and if I connect with other people so often, it will heighten my communication skills. Connecting with other people also allows me to network and pursue different avenues for my future. God puts people in your life that will heighten your various interests. So get out of your comfort zone and connect with other people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life

Respecting & Includement

Life