Let me wear my NBA hat for a bit

If anyone knows me, I'm an NBA fan for life but I wouldn't say I'm a die hard, posters on the wall fan but nonetheless, I enjoy me some b-ball. If you are a basketball fan, you would know that the finals are here to determine who's going to win the NBA championship and before that, they were playoffs to dwindle down the teams that will make the finals which are the Denver Nuggets and the Miami Heat. Before I go on, let me congratulate all of the teams who made it in the playoffs and in the finals. Personally, I want the Miami Heat to win the championship because I want Jimmy Butler to win a ring. He deserves a ring!! In the beginning of the playoffs, I wanted the Pheonix Suns to win the championship, but they got beat by the Denver Nuggets, oh well, they have next year, I guess, (https://www.nba.com/news/2023-coaching-tracker). 

I want to take it back to when the Sacramento Kings were facing Golden State Warriors in that series and this particular incident was just silly between Draymond Green and Domantas Sabonis. They were both trying to get a rebound and somehow Sabonis's arm got locked onto Green's leg. At first, I thought Sabonis was doing it unintentionally but a few seconds later, I found out that it was intentional and of course, Green had to counterattack, and the counterattack was stepping on the man's chest. I know Sabonis was wrong by locking Green's leg like that but shit, Sabonis could've had heart complications after the fact. After the game during a press conference, Green's POOR excuse for his POOR behavior was he didn't have anywhere else to go. So, I guess Sabonis cloned himself multiple times to fit an entire NBA court and Green couldn't do ANYTHING about it. I guess that's what was going through his brain, who knows? This isn't Green's first time getting into mischief on the basketball court, he had many technical fouls issued to him in the past. I know players get heated at times when calls don't go the players way, but Green gets extra, extra heated in my opinion and that might cost him BIG TIME down the line. He got suspended one game out of that series for his misconduct but I'm afraid that presidents and coaches of these NBA teams won't sign him (if his contract isn't up with Golden State) because he would be called a liability. But in the midst of writing that sentence, coaches and presidents know Green's skill level and very energetic personality that will come in handy on the court. Maybe, coaches and presidents could write a clause that will say, if Green displays lack of empathy and disrupt/disturb the game of basketball in a violent way off/on the court, he will be punished severely. These are just my thoughts of the situation. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life

Respecting & Includement