Hospitality

On Easter of last year, my mothers side of family gathered over my grandparents house. Before we ate, we prayed but before we prayed, my grandfather said that Jesus offered HOSPITALITY to everyone, especially the ones who are less fortunate. My grandfather said next year on Easter, we should bring at least one person who doesn't have anywhere to go.  This weekend I hosted my friend and his fiancĂ©e over to my apartment. In regards to HOSPITALITY, I want to say my saying is WHAT'S MINE IS YOURS. I know it's 2019 and a lot people can't be trusted but that doesn't matter to me. It matters to me but if you need to stay with me, COME ON and GET SOME SLEEP/HANG OUT or if you need something, I'll give it to you ( within my means & if I have it).

 I believe that HOSPITALITY is what you make it. For example, I don't think HOSPITALITY is Only about offering your home to someone. It also can mean how you treat people and how you greet others and how others respond to the greeting. Like, when I was living in DC, a guy who was less fortunate asked me if I had food and I pulled out a yogurt out of my backpack. He responded by saying he doesn't want that and then he walked away. The guy had HOSPITALITTY that wasn't very pleasant in my opinion but at the same time, he seemed he was in dire straights.  There is good and bad HOSPITALITY.  GIVE PEOPLE GOOD HOSPITALITY EVEN IF PEOPLE DON'T GIVE GOOD HOSPITALITY BACK!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Respecting & Includement

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life