Take a Shot

This young lady always comes into Susy's and this past weekend I wrote a letter to her expressing how I felt. I was about to give the letter to her this past Monday but I froze. I couldn't believe I froze!! She was walking pass me to exit the restaurant too. Then Tuesday came and I was waiting for her nervously. Then she came in and then my heart started beating rapidly!! Within five minutes, I told myself just do it Noldon and I handed her the letter. She was about to open the letter and I said "no don't open it now" so she didn't. She was reading the letter as she walked out with her friend. She didn't come in yesterday so fast forward today, she came in and she immediately said hi to me. Then she gave me some news that I wasn't prepared to hear!! She told me she has a kid and she's married. Oh boy, that was some heavy news!! But its all good because I Took My Shot and even though the end result wasn't a bank shot, I tried and I will keep trying until I Make My Shot and when I make the shot consistently I will continue to develop that shot until I master the shot!! I know here and there, some of my technique will be off but that's life for ya.

There's a famous quote from Wayne Gretzky and the quote states "You miss one hundred percent of the shots you never take" I like this quote but I have an example that can go well what I'm talking about. The example is Kevin Love ( Center and Power Forward for the Cleveland Cavaliers) and if you watch him in action, he doesn't always make his (3 point) shots but the thing that makes me happy is when he keeps trying and then he knocks down the shots. I'm pretty sure that he develops his shot everyday. I have a whole lot of love for Mr. Love ( did you see what I did right there, lol!!) and respect!!!! He keeps Shooting his Shot no matter what. I'm going to Shoot My Shot no matter what happens even if the end result is not a three pointer or bank shot. Shoot Your Shot today young ladies and gentlemen because you never know what's going to happen with that shot, it might veer to the right or left or it can just go straight in. Shooting Your Shot doesn't necessarily have to deal with trying to pursue anyone romantically, it can be about anything. It can be wanting to get a good grade on a math test or getting up on stage to perform poetry among a group of strangers.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life

Respecting & Includement