Detachments

I was talking to a young man about various things on Friday night at Nano Brew located on the west side of Cleveland. I liked the atmosphere at this bar, it felt a like a fun but safe environment. Anyways, one topic that we talked about was growing up and getting out of your parents care. Detachments are necessary and vital in order for us to grow and prosper into the real world. When I went to England with People to People Student Ambassadors I was home sick for one day. I had a chance to call home and that was nice but my point is that I was detached from my parents for almost two weeks. Since I travelled to England by myself, I think I became stronger in the sense that I was independent then and I can be even more independent when I move out to strike out on my own. I went to Israel and India also but when I went to England it seemed I was more detached than the two other countries I visited. It's a point in a young man's/young woman's life that they have to strike out on their own. In my opinion, I think we All should visit exotic regions to not just experience the culture but to detach from our parents or our guardians. When we visit these places, it will become more easier to be on our own in the future. This detachment I'm talking about can also lead to a spiritual or emotional journey. Sometimes we need to be alone on these journeys to find ourselves and it has to be vital for growth to be detached. I'm not saying don't call your parents or guardians because we all need them in our lives, just if you need to explore yourself or explore the world around you, Do it!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Respecting & Includement

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life