Technology

This is the age where technology is taking over very rapidly. People are on their smartphones, Ipads and any other electronic device 24/7 and we as Americans shouldn't dive our faces into our screens, we should take a breather and communicate with our friends and family (face to face). I'll be honest with you guys, I'm so guilty of this but as I speak I'm going to try to limit my technology. I'm not saying I'm going to throw away technology all together but I am going to try to limit my interaction on my phone such as looking on my social media accounts.  This past semester in school I took a class called Mindful Communication and one section we learned in class is called FOMO ( Fear of Missing Out). We constantly want to be involved what the other person posts or shares and this not a bad thing but the time spending on technology needs to be monitored. One day I was riding in my friend's sister's car and I forgot my cell phone and I couldn't get it until the next day. The time in between I felt naked. I had a phone for so long I didn't know what to do when I didn't have one. That was bad because I rely so much on technology that if I don't have technology I will go insane!!! Not literally insane but very restless. Another example that I have is when my dad's side of the family went to Cracker Barrel and while we were waiting to be seated, I noticed that this girl wanted to get my cousin's attention, she seemed she wanted to talk to him but my cousin was deep in his phone and didn't realize the potential opportunity he could've had. All I'm saying is to limit the social interaction on your phone and interact with your friends and family and sometimes potential girlfriends and boyfriends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life

Respecting & Includement

Life