Baby steps on how to feel

 A couple of nights ago, I watched this movie entitled Kajillionaire starring Richard Jenkins and the ravishing Gina Rodriguez on Peacock. The movie had its comedic parts but overall, it is a thought-provoking movie in my opinion. You should watch the movie when you get a chance. Anyways, I'm going to express my feelings towards this movie without hopefully not spoiling the synopsis. There is a mother, daughter and a father who are low level criminals, but the daughter seems aloof from reality, her mind is just set on the low level crimes they do and nothing else until the character played by Gina Rodriguez steps into the low level criminal enterprise. As the daughter played by the ravishing Evan Rachel Wood connects more with Gina Rodriguez's character, the daughter opens up more. A parenting class helped the daughter open up and made her realize her parents didn't love her, they were just having her around as part of the crime team, not as a daughter. 

     When I was in college, I took a psychology class sophomore year  and I forgot the exact word for the description the trained professionals use to describe the daughter's situation. In my opinion, I think the daughter was suffering from not being held as a child and that led to her aloofness (maybe not externally but internally). The daughter just wanted to be LOVED and Gina Rodriguez's character did that and that relationship evolved into more of a friendship. WE CAN ALWAYS LEARN HOW TO BE LOVED and HOW TO LOVE, it might not be easy but with work and effort, it will be easier like anything else. 

I would love to see a sequel to this movie. 


https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/childhood-emotional-neglect 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Work hard and have faith

Drake ft Popcaan- Please Forgive Me