The destination can be equally as great as the journey

In the same month, I went to the movies to see Peanut Butter Falcon starring Shia LaBeouf and Queen and Slim starring Daniel Kaluuya. Both were brilliant movies with great messages. I'm going to explore these messages with you. I want to start off with Queen and Slim  and then with Peanut Butter Falcon.

Queen and Slim is a brilliant movie. The movie is edgy, passionate and heart warming. For the people who haven't watched the movie, I am sorry, I'm going to spoil one scene. This one scene is with Daniel and Jodie Turner Smith laying in bed at Jodie's uncle house running from the law and Daniel is staring at the ceiling and he looked like he was going to cry (to me) and Jodie asked Daniel "are you ok"? Daniel replied "yes" but Jodie knew what was up. Daniel said " I say it so often, I actually believe it." This can be associated with mental health. A lot of times we as individuals bottle shit up and never express ourselves, well at least that's what I do. I think I'm getting better and better at expressing myself. It's a work in progress for me. I'm not going to be perfect but I'm on my way to be a better version of myself everyday. Another element that I noticed was that one of Jodie's uncle's women stars in Pose which airs on FX.  The actress's name is Indya Moore. I knew the writer Lena Waithe was part of the LGBTQIA community but I didn't know which letter she was associated with. My sister and I were talking about this in the car and my sister told me she's a lesbian. Maybe Lena wanted to represented the LGBTQIA community in this movie even though she didn't direct this movie.

Peanut Butter Falcon is a brilliant movie as well. This movie brought tears to my eyes because I have a disability and when I saw somebody else with a disability trying to find himself like I did is a remarkable thing.  Both of these movies are so different but they are similar because the characters are on journeys together. The characters find themselves along their quest to find a wrestling school and running from the law. The characters also found traits that they wouldn't have found in themselves if it wasn't for the other person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life

Respecting & Includement