Be Brave

A few weeks ago, my family and I went to our second Joubert Syndrome Conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. I met a lot of families and it was such a blessing to meet them. For the first timers and the people who've been to the conferences before looked at me and looked at their children who have Joubert Syndrome and some of the children are non verbal and in wheelchairs. The parents say that I'm their inspiration because of all the accomplishments that I made. One lady told my mother she was inspired and I gave her hope for her son after I spoke at the Joubert Syndrome conference in Chicago. The parents don't know this but their kids inspire me on a constant basis because they try, try, and try. They Never Give Up!! With the foreseen and unforeseen circumstances that they might have to go through, they are Brave on a continuous basis. At my conference in Chicago, I spoke about my accomplishments and obstacles while I grew up with Joubert Syndrome and up to now. To tell you the truth I wasn't scared at all, I just wanted to inspire and encourage others so they can hopefully navigate through life with a little bit of more understanding what I went and still go through and then they will learn how to cope. Not to be cocky or anything but I was Brave that day. These parents and kids are so Brave to tackle the ins and outs of Joubert Syndrome. I love my JS family!! Be Brave Continuously, Be Fearless because life is too short. Experience all you can. Embrace the Blessings.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life

Respecting & Includement