Everyone doesn't have a disability

Some people say everyone has a disability and I know they don't mean any harm but those words make me cringe. I would agree all people struggle with something but that doesn't mean they actually have a disability. I have a disability called Joubert Syndrome, it's a neurological disorder that affects my coordination, balance and speech. I don't like when some people play with certain conditions and they don't even have the condition. For example, when somebody says they have OCD and they actually don't and they play with that. A lot of people do have OCD, a real diagnosis with doctors giving them meds to treat the OCD. In my opinion, I think it's a slap in the face for the people who have the real diagnosis. I don't understand how some people can joke about this!! I know some people will continue to joke about this and it's truly sad but I just wanted to speak on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Don't let others/things to dictate on how to live your life

Respecting & Includement